Monday, March 1, 2010

"You know, I don't really like fake flowers"

This is a quote from my mother. My mother the teacher. The same profession/pay scale as me! We were having lunch the day after Noodlebear proposed and this lady hit me with that sentence. To which I said, "Well, do you like the price of real flowers?!"

In all honesty, I don't care for fake flowers either. I was already thinking about centerpieces/decorations that involved lots of candles and maybe floating flowers or petals. (To me, those can be fake because they are in water.) I just honestly have trouble wrapping my head around spending any serious amount of moolah on something that will be dead in less than a week! Here is one picture that I found a while ago (sorry, I don't know where it came from; if it's yours, let me know!)

My favorite flowers are calla lilies. I have always planned to incorporate those somehow into my wedding. I found this bouquet on my first day on The Knot. It will be mine!
Isn't she just perfect? ahhh...From the same wedding I love the brides pop of color with her white and the white with the girls' purple gowns!


I just <3 it!!!
Anyhoo, we went to our first florist appointment on Saturday morning. We discussed MY bouquet, 3 calla stems per bridesmaid, calla bouts for the guys, rose wrist and shoulder corsages for the important women, 2 altar arrangements, and 8 calla centerpieces. The quote ended up being around $1100. O.My.G. And what did my mom say when I called her a little while ago? "Hmm, that sounds pretty good." Seriously, Mom? We shall see. If anyone ever starts to read this (which I highly doubt), let me know what you did in the way of flowers!

<3 CRod

No comments:

Post a Comment