Monday, November 15, 2010

seriously?!?!

I have the wrong friggin' BM dresses. My wedding is in 33 days and I have no BM dresses. A pictorial explanation. I have 6 girls total: a Matron of Honor, a Maid of Honor, 4 Bridesmaids. My colors are aubergine and bordeaux. Which is just a hoity-toity way of saying dark purple and wine.
The MOHs are wearing the dress on the left. We wanted to keep the purple color at the top and dye the light orchid to the wine color. The BMs would wear the dress on the right.
The dresses just came in on Thursday, November 11. My MOHs live in my hometown and went to pick up their dresses on Friday. They came out gorgeous! (The picture really doesn't do it justice) And they fit just about perfectly. Great. phew.
I was going home for the weekend, so I could pick up the other dresses for my 4 BMs (who aren't in town. One is from the area and will...sorry would have gotten hers around Thanksgiving; one lives near me and I was going to meet her to drop off; the other 2 were going to get there's during my shower/bachelorette shindig the first weekend in December.)

It's after 2 on Saturday when I remember that I need to pick up the dresses. (They close at 4.) I run to the store because we were getting everything ready for DFSDs 5th birthday party.

What was waiting for me?4 of these, in this color. What is this? I did not go Bridezilla. I did not go off. The lady at the dress shop said she'd make some calls and call me on Monday.


She left me a message about the dresses getting shipped but they are somewhere else. Noone else has called in about wrong dresses and she just had them get started on new dresses because we need them here ASAP.

*side note* Soooo just to be clear: There was an order with the same dresses that I ordered for 2 of my ladies for 4 other women out there in the world somewhere who are the exact same sizes as the 4 girls I have in my bridal party. Riiiiight.

She said something about 2 weeks and that the dress makers (or whoever "they" are) know we are working on a tight schedule. I was thinking she was saying getting them here in 2 weeks, but I do believe this chick was saying 2 weeks before they would SHIP! And they would get here around the 13th.

of.December.

like 5 days before my wedding?

um, go to hell.

"and the company is going to cover all the alterations and the girls can go to my seamstress who is just 2 doors down from me, blahblahblah" says She.

Yeah, except for the fact that none of them live there, you nimrod! They will not be in town until Friday, December 17th.

le sigh

updates to come

No comments:

Post a Comment